Sorry, I've been gone. Been overcome with paint fumes and overstuffed with turkey. All I can manage tonight is a list, but I put it up so you can take advantage tomorrow.
- Banquet Pot Pies - 2 FOR $1
- Fiesta! Crema Mexicana - 99¢ lb. (At Meat Service Counter - Wednesday Only Price. Worth the trip. Have you ever had this stuff? It's GOOD. Like less sour sour cream, if that makes any sense.)
- Banquet Value Dinners - 88¢ (Does NOT include Classic Chicken or Select Dinners)
- Boneless Chicken Breasts - $1.49lb. (best price in town. Time to stockpile.)
- Boneless Beef Chuck Steak $1.99lb. (Have the butcher grind it into hamburger)
- Green Cabbage 4 lbs $1
- Cilantro 4 FOR $1
- Italian or Mexican Grey Squash - 33¢ lb.
- Cucumbers - 6 FOR 96¢
- White Onion 5 LBS $1 THURSDAY ONLY
- Avocados 3 FOR 99¢ THURSDAY ONLY
- Bananas 3 LBS 99¢ THURSDAY ONLY (think adding it to the mangos below)
- Mangos 3 FOR 99¢ (think smoothies) THURSDAY ONLY
- Red Delicious Apples 3 LBS 99¢
Interesting tidbit: I just found out that kiwis are supposed to be eaten whole, hairy skin and all. We're not supposed to peel them. Remember when peaches had fuzzy skin? It grossed everybody out, but the peaches tasted so good. That's what kiwis are like. Here's my prediction: Somewhere somebody is working on a hairless kiwi. It will be more acceptable to us finicky civilized types, but won't taste near as good as the fuzzy, itchy kiwis we buy today.
I'll be back with more tomorrow.